Loans against Share is available in the form of an overdraft facility which is pledged against financial securities like shares, units and bonds. Loan against Shares/Bonds/Mutual Funds is basically a loan wherein you pledge the securities you have invested in as collateral against the loan amount. It is the best way to make your investments work harder and smarter for you.
Loan against Securities (LAS) is an overdraft facility which enables you to deposit your investments as collateral without having to sell them during market downturns. Now cushion yourself against any unexpected circumstances and get a loan against securities.
Apply for loan against securities and avail overdraft facility against the pledging of following securities:
- Equity shares*: Up to 50% of the value of Demat shares
- Mutual Fund units*: Up to 50% of the NAV (Net Asset Value) for Equity MF & up to 80% for Debt MF
- Mutual Funds: NABARD’s Bhavishya Nirman Bonds
- Life Insurance Policies issued by LIC and select private insurance companies
- National Savings Certificate (NSC)
- Kisan Vikas Patra(KVP)
- Gold Deposit Certificates (GDC)
The contribution of a single scrip should not exceed 65% of the total portfolio value at any point of time during the tenure of the account. The loan against securities is sanctioned as per the applicable internal policy of the Bank.